What is a live virtual tour?
In my live virtual tours, we meet on Zoom at an agreed time for the tour selected (please download the free app Zoom Meetings on your PC, tablet or smartphone; type in the code you receive from me, and you are good to go!). It will be either just you and your family if you have booked a private tour, or it might be a group of people from different parts of the world if you choose the join-in option. (link al calendario dei virtual tour già schedulati)
It is not a pre-recorded video, but a live experience with your expert local guide. Using slides, videos and animations, I’ll lead you to explore some of the most amazing places in Rome in depth, in a way that wouldn’t be possible when visiting in person. Plus, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to interact, ask questions, take part in games and quizzes, meet other people on the tour!
Why choose a live virtual tour? Because…
- you’ll be able to experience the art work literally “zooming in”, discovering details impossible to see when you are standing in front of it, enjoying it while you make yourself comfortable.
- most popular tourist venues are often overcrowded, so it’s not always possible to really enjoy the details and take the time needed to fully soak in the place.
- it is a wonderful opportunity to have a family get-together even if you are spread in a dozen cities: just grab a drink or a coffee and meet on Zoom with your guide and your dear ones, to explore one of the must-sees every traveler has on his bucket list.
- it is a perfect opportunity to get prepared for the trip you’ve been dreaming about for so long, in order to get the most out of it once you’ll be on site.
- it is the best way to relish in some great memories after your trip is over, to ask all the questions you would have loved to ask and never had the opportunity to get answered.
Are you an art lover and have you always been fascinated by the incredible life of Raphael, the Renaissance’s golden boy, who managed to gain immortal fame even though he tragically died at 37 years? Would you love to travel back in time and get a behind-the-scenes look at the papal court, disclosing the tales and scandals that kept the place hopping 500 years ago?
On this tour, we’ll discover the beautiful paintings that decorate the 4 rooms once lived in by the pope, getting inside Raphael’s workshop to see how he conceived and created this incredible artworks.
In the years from 1508 to 1512 the Vatican came to be an incredible attractor for talent: Raphael and Michelangelo, the greatest and most famous artists of the Italian Renaissance, both worked here at the same time, in the service of Pope Julius II. Michelangelo was busy painting the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel, while Raphael frescoed the rooms of the pope’s private apartment.
Learn all about fresco technique, zoom into the details of the paintings you would never notice otherwise, and catch up with the latest gossip about the cardinals and pope that once walked and lived in these very rooms! This 1-hour long tour will provide you with unsuspected insights and give you plenty of time to ask questions and interact with your guide (total duration about 1h30’).
You can either book your private virtual tour, so all family members and friends can take part in it, and the Q&A session will be tailored to your needs and interests; or you can book a spot on a “join-in” basis on one of the scheduled days. The latter option means that you’ll enjoy the tour alongside with other travelers from around the world.
Private tour is 70,00 EUR.
Join-in is 15,00 EUR per connection.