Italy: the land of fashion, style, elegance, centuries-old craftsmanship! Let’s discover the skills and techniques that have made Italian handicraft famous all over the world. Italian leather, Italian silver, Italian marble, just to name a few.
Our tour will take you around the picturesque maze of narrow alleys in one of the oldest sections in town, visiting the workshops and interacting with the artisans. You will learn how mosaics are made, you will see how beautiful silver artifacts are designed and created, you will discover the secrets of Italian leathergoods. Meet the friendly artisan whose extravagant carved wood sculptures and shop-signs you can often notice around this area; and marvel at a traditional stone-cutter’s workshop, where marble and precious stones are still carved the same way Michelangelo did several centuries ago.
Even the names of the streets tell us about age-old shops and crafts: Via dei Cappellari (the hat-makers street), Via dei Pianellari (the shoe-makers street), Via dei Coronari (the rosary-makers street), Via dei Giubbonari (the corset-weavers street)… These streets have a wonderful bohemian feeling, with vintage boutiques, little hidden workshops, speakeasy bars, and quaint galleries.
Interesting bits of local knowledge and lots of information about the creative and artisanal work leading to the production of the handcrafted items we’ll see, make this tour informative and fun. It will also provide you with the insight needed to spot the difference between a unique piece of craftsmanship and a factory-made, standardized product.
If you are interested in booking this tour, please get in touch so we can talk over the details!
There’s absolutely no pressure to buy anything, since the tour is about experiencing the crafts and techniques used by the artisans. If you fall in love with some of the items you’ll see on the tour, feel free to take the time to do some shopping, but please don’t feel like you have to!
Mappa Google con itinerario e luoghi visitati
Cost guideline – What’s included
|Duration of tour||1-2 people||3-4 people||5-6 people||7-8 people|
|Up to 3 hours||180,00 EUR||195,00 EUR||210,00 EUR||240,00 EUR|
|+ each additional hour||60,00 EUR||65,00 EUR||70,00 EUR||80,00 EUR|
- For larger groups, I’ll be happy to send you a quote.
- The tour rate includes your private guided tour – price is total, not per person.
- Transportation to the starting point, meals, snacks and gratuities not included in above rates. Headsets are not included (only needed with 6+ people).
- Please note that we reserve the right to vary the prices shown on this website at any time before you book (during Bank Holidays, National Holidays, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays, or last minute bookings). From April 1st to October 30th, last minute bookings (less than 3 days prior to the tour) are subject to a 15% surcharge.
You will be advised of the current price at the time of booking. Once you have booked we will not increase your tour price other than for changes in VAT or any other Venues or Government imposed levy.
- Cancellation Policy & Refunds